School Based Health Center
Universal Community Health Center has partnered with Quincy Jones Elementary to deliver School Based Health Services for students and residents of South Los Angeles.
This collaborative effort provides accessible and comprehensive healthcare solutions to enhance the well-being of our community, ensuring that health is not a barrier to academic success. We are committed to fostering a healthier, stronger South Los Angeles through this exciting initiative.
On-Site Health Services
Our Service Goals
We aim to ensure that all health needs and health-related barriers to learning are addressed and managed.
- Improve the health status of children through mental, physical, and social emotional support
- Provide health education and disease prevention activities
- Improve access to health care and medical insurance
- Reduce incidences of transmittable diseases and improve immunization rates
- Increase communication with parents and decrease communication barriers related to health issues
- Provide services to families at risk of, or suspected of, child maltreatment
School Based Health Center Location
Quincy Jones Elementary
3 Ways To Get Started
School Based Coordinator
Our goal is to take care of all health needs and remove barriers to learning related to health.
Dental exams and cleanings
Mental health screenings and services
Management of chronic disease and/or current health
Substance abuse interventions
Referral for other services not available at the health center
Administration of medications
Vision and hearing testing
Assistance in the organization of student care to meet needs of disabled students (outlined in 504 plans and IEPs)
Mental health counseling
Physical activity awareness, nutritional counseling and support for eating disorders
Drug and alcohol awareness including treatment to stop smoking
Peer health education and counseling
Cultural diversity awareness
Medicaid enrollment (a federal program that helps with healthcare costs for those with limited income and resources)
Dedicated health insurance enrollment specialist